How to Clean Floor Easily with Vacuum Cleaners
Cleaning floors is one of the most important cleaning chores both in the household and office settings. There are many ways to clean the floor, but the use of vacuum cleaners is regarded as the most efficient. This article will teach you how to clean floor easily with vacuum cleaners.
Floors need to be cleaned regularly because they get dirty easily. They also accumulate spills, and attract scuffs.
These are some compelling reasons to clean the floor regularly, whether you are at home or in the workplace:
- Dirty floors pose health risks. Diseases such as diarrhea, respiratory, and parasitic ailments are easily spread in homes with dirty floors.
- Minimize risks of accident. Slip and falls are said to cause more than 90 million lost workdays around the world. Slips are commonly caused by wet or oily floor surfaces and occasional spills.
- Save money. Floors which experience high traffic like office spaces can run down faster. Eventually, floors that are not cleaned regularly would need to be replaced. This can be a big cost for a business.
- Improve the appearance of a home or business. Regularly cleaning floors can make your place more homey and inviting. The same goes for offices with clean floors.
Different Ways of Cleaning Floors
There are many ways of cleaning floors, such as dusting/sweeping, mopping, polishing, and deep cleaning.
In sweeping the floor, you need a trusty old tool—the broom. It’s very useful for a quick dirt pickup or even an intense floor cleaning. You’ll also need a dust pan to pick up the gathered dirt and debris.
Sweeping the floor is relatively easy. You simply follow these steps:
- Start by sweeping at the end of the room, moving to the other end by pulling the dirt pile along with them.
- Sweep the floor with either short quick motions, or long, sweeping motions.
- Sweep up the pile of dirt into a dust pan then deposit it in the trash can.
However, sweeping the floor isn’t recommended if there are stubborn stains on the floor. If this is the case, you’ll need to mop the floor.
Like sweeping, mopping the floor is simple. But it can be tiring, especially if you are cleaning a spacious room.
In mopping a floor, you’ll need a mop, a couple of buckets with hot water, and a cleaning solution. The latter would depend on the type of floor you have. Some are especially formulated for ceramic tiles; others for natural stone.
These are the steps in mopping the floor:
- Fill a bucket with hot water.
- Pour the mopping solution or floor cleaner appropriate for the type of floor you have.
- Refer to the mopping solution instructions to be sure on the amount of cleaner you need.
- Dip the mop in the bucket.
- Wring it out with a wringer or by hand.
- Mop from one end of the room to the other end.
- Rub quickly and press down your mop when you are dealing with tough or sticky spots.
- Rinse the mop in a different bucket.
- Dip it in the first bucket again, wring and start mopping again.
- Repeat the process until the floor is squeaky clean.
As you can imagine, mopping the floor can be tiring and time consuming.
Cleaning the Floor Easily with Vacuum Cleaners
Vacuum cleaners are highly recommended to home owners who don’t want to tire themselves in cleaning the floor through the traditional methods like sweeping and mopping.
Vacuum cleaners are so powerful they can pick up dirt and debris within seconds. There are also models that are designed to clean hard-to-reach areas like the floor under the sofa.
These electronic devices are also capable of cleaning other parts of the house such as ceilings and stairs.
Moreover, vacuum cleaners can do what brooms and mops can’t do—picking up fine dust that stays in the edges and corners of a room. Vacuum cleaners can suck up all the dust. It can even remove all the soil.
Here’s how to use a vacuum cleaner in cleaning the floor:
- Check the part of the vacuum where dirt is deposited. It could be in a bag, or a removable or reusable canister. If the part of the vacuum cleaner where dirt is collected is full, then the cleaning tool won’t be able to pick up dirt.
- If the bag is full, you would have to change it. If the vacuum cleaner has a bag, you need to change it when it is full.
- Get things out of the way of the vacuum cleaner such as chairs, toys, and other small items.
- Plug the vacuum cleaner and switch it on.
- Position the vacuum dial to the right setting such as ‘barefoot’ for floors like floor boards and tiles.
- Propel the vacuum cleaner back and forward in motion. Do this in even, slow movements. If you move it too fast, the vacuum cleaner won’t be able to get a thorough cleaning.
- Go over the area from multiple directions. This should enable the vacuum cleaner to get rid of dirt and debris more effective. This is particularly true if you have pet in your home, as removing pet hair off the carpet can be very difficult.
- Use the right vacuum cleaner attachment. There are lots of attachments included in a typical vacuum cleaner. For example, a hard floor tool is ideal for cleaning hard floors without scratching it. A powerhead floor tool, on the other hand, is best for vacuuming carpeted surfaces.
Indeed, a vacuum cleaner—whether it’s the best shark vacuum or from any other brand—can make cleaning of floors easy and quick. It is no wonder a lot of homeowners and business owners use vacuum cleaners in cleaning their floors.